05 September 2007

an npr situation

I've been able to listen to American NPR on a regular basis overseas as the organization regularly updates iTunes with podcasts of some of their programs... I know... lucky me right?!

Well, the Sept. 4th addition to the Fresh Air program features concurrent interviews regarding the book 'The Israel Lobby & US Foreign Policy'. The first interview is with Stephen Walt, a Harvard Internal Affairs professor and author of said book, and then a follow up interview with Abraham Foxman the leader of the Anti-Defamation League.

In a perfect world we would have a good debate between the two of these men on air, but the interviews are a breath a fresh air to me. This conversation alongside many others are often overheard and debated in pubs and around water-coolers all over in Dubai. It's good to see some attention to this matter state-side, and I encourage everyone reading this to download this from iTunes or from the NPR site if you get a chance.

1 comment:

The King said...

No surprises at all... ironically on O'Reily the other day - 78% of Israeles like the US, 13% of Palestinians like the US. Shocker! We have to be getting some significant middle east intelligence out of Israel - or something like that. I found summary of the book online that I'm gonna read.